The Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia is committed to provide access to SiStat Database in line with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act.
This accessibility statement relates to SiStat Database. The website is partially in line with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act due to exceptions (inaccessible content) stated hereinafter.
In developing new websites and applications, SURS follows the WCAG 2.0 or WCAG 2.1 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, in which compliance is broken down into three levels: A, AA and AAA. SURS strives to comply at least with the AA level.
In implementing the recommendations, there might be some unplanned and unwanted errors or bugs.
To meet accessibility requirements, some system adjustments were implemented, such as:
- Responsive design – content layout adjusted to screen resolution
- Display of content for users of assistive technologies (e.g. screen reader, Braille display)
- Keyboard navigation (adjustment for users who cannot use a computer mouse)
- Appropriate colour contrast (between the text and the background)
- Predictable website operation
- Enabled usage of different heading levels
Some other inaccessible content
SURS is constantly striving to improve the user experience and continuously improving individual accessibility elements.
Nevertheless, in the current phase of website adjustment, some published content does not comply with all the requirements regarding accessibility as stipulated by the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act.
Examples of such content are:
- PDF documents for methodological explanations are not fully accessible as the whole work process needs to be adapted for this purpose.
- Data displays in the form of charts (charts are available in the form of an image, but they are equipped with alternative texts).
- Complex tables with statistical data. The PX Web tool contains complex tables that are not fully adjusted as the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia has no control over the software or the adjustment would be a disproportionate financial and human resource burden.
Feedback and contact information
We appreciate any information on user experience with the website as well as your request for possible additional adjustment of the website for vulnerable groups.
You can also inform us about potential non-compliance of published content with the provisions of the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act, which we will try to improve or provide you with alternative sources of access.
You will receive a reply within eight days from the submission of the notification or request. If we are not be able to send an appropriate reply in this period, we will inform you when we will send a reply and the reasons for the delayed reply.
All information available on SURS’s website and in other SURS’s products can be obtained:
- By phone: +386 1 241 64 04
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- In person by visiting the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia, Litostrojska cesta 54, 1000 Ljubljana.
Some information on the operation of the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia is also available on SURS’s presentation website at gov.si.
Preparation of the accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 September 2020 on the basis of a self-evaluation.
The statement was last reviewed on 4 January 2021.
If you detect any non-compliance with the provisions of the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act, you can file a complaint with the information society inspectors by writing a letter or e-mail to:
Information Security Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
MINISTRY OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Tržaška cesta 21
+386 1 478 47 78